Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

On 24/03/2016 07:20, RJH wrote:
On 23/03/2016 17:17, John Rumm wrote:

DIY is unlikely to put any trades out of work - as the general practical
abilities and time availabilities in the general population fall.

Jeremy Hardy used to do a standup routine, lamenting the flat pack,
putting furniture makers out of business. A certain logic I suppose, but
thinking it through is pretty convoluted. And taken to extremes we
shouldn't be doing a lot of things for fear of putting people out of a
job - cooking our own food, going to the shops, whatever.

There's a point in there somewhere. Not quite sure what it is.

;-)

The irony about flat packs is that many people are now prepared to pay
for a trader to assemble them, as I am sure TMH will be able to attest.

--
Cheers,

John.