Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default should DIY be a green cause

On 23/03/16 19:40, ARW wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2016 03:39, Bill Wright wrote:
In the interests of the conservation of materials and energy, should
not DIY, especially the repair of goods, be a priority for the
environmental movement?

It must present an interesting conflict for many a green... on the one
hand it is a very good fit with the political ideology, and yet on the
other the knowledge requirements and attention to detail required are
likely to be counter to the (lack of) thought process that makes much
green policy seem even plausible in the first place.

Very true with some.

Have a pal who is into 'green' Replaced his Mini which he'd bought new and
had done few miles (9,000 in 3 years) with an electric Smart car.

Now was that a Mini or a BMW?

Lol! I've always thought that BMW's use of "Mini" for their monstrosity
should be considered an infringement under the Trades Description Act.
And, as far as I can see, with each revised model they are getting
bigger and bigger.

Mind you, have you seen a Fiat 500 recently?!

--

Jeff