Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
michael adams wrote:
But providing you used a hoist as you went there's
no reason you couldn't do it all on your own. Fred
Dibnah used to hoist scaffold boards to the tops of
200ft mill chimneys to give himself a platform to work
from. Mind you he didn't have to climb down 200ft every
time to lash up the next load.

Oddly it's one thing TV always got pros in for. Scaffolding in a TV studio
as part of the set. No matter how simple or small. I was told it's because
the scaffold companies had their own insurance. Yet our own chippies would
build things sometimes much larger.

Things like H&S tend to mean you need to use those with suitable
accreditation.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England