Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 23/03/2016 11:43, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/03/2016 09:51, RJH wrote:

One of the worst excesses of DIY has to be single household tool
proliferation. So, this sort of thing:

http://www.brighthub.com/environment...les/54244.aspx

Just an ideologically left-wing way of putting the toolhire companies
out of business.

Not even sure it would do that. Its a nice idea, but its questionable
how well it can work in reality. I can see that it will make available a
large pool of low quality cheap tools. (let's face it, if you are buying
top quality kit, are you likely to lend it to just anyone without having
a reasonable idea that they will treat it well and return it in good
condition?)

I remember many years ago at an amateur theatre seeing someone rummaging in
my tool box. "What are you looking for?" "A chisel." Ok, I had a couple
in quite good condition - "So what do you need it for?" "I need to open
tin of paint"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England