Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help needed with sealing assembled pipe

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:11:34 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Leon Fisk fired this volley in news:ncpcfi$t0o$1
@dont-email.me:

Something off the wall... I've used electric tape in the past for
odd leaks.

Really? On food-grade equipment? They'd sue you off the face of the
earth!

Although it might _work_, to use it on a food processing device would be
tantamount to deliberate sabotage!

It's no different than leaving on a busted up theaded fitting that leaks
because it costs too much to replace.

If you are alluding to the fitting I needed to seal, it was not busted
up, it was galled. Full thread engagement. Assembled dry the pipe
joint leaked. Wicking Loctite 290 is an industry accepted practice for
this type of leak, even for food contact. As is the particular silver
solder alloy slated for the job. The finished assembly is now stronger
than if it was assembled with teflon tape, which is also acceptable
for food contact. So there.
Eric