Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New poster/woodworker

On 3/21/2016 4:23 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2016-03-21, Swingman wrote:

Too bad.

Yes. It is sad.

Nothing at all wrong with the newer injection molded plastic Kreg
jigs.

In yer opinion.

I've already dealt with enough plastic in my life. I'm getting into
woodworking cuz I wanna get away from plastic.

Yeah, I know. There is still gonna be tons o' plastic around the
shop. Try and find some hand power tools that are still all metal,
like my '70 Milwaukee all-metal-casing 1/2" drill motor. Fat chance.

I'm cleaning out my late mother's property. Jes today, I've already
found 3 almost new pwr tools. Two corded orb sanders (hope one has a
dust blwr) and and an ultra cheap B&D bat drill motor. Now I have 3
orb sanders, four battery drill motors, 2 Skil saws (gave the
worm-drive away), and they all are mostly plastic construction.

Another reason I dislike plastic: Know what a Robot Coupe immersion
blender is?

http://www.basequipment.com/Robot-Coupe-MP550-TURBO-21-Immersion-Blender-p/rob-mp550.htm

Our model cost over $600, yet it fell over in the kitchen and the
plastic handle broke into a dozen pieces when it hit the kitchen floor
(which is always present). Oops! Last time I saw it, it was a Red
Green special.

nb

IF you are really interested in getting in to woodworking,,,, don't have
a predisposition of a particular material used for something that it is
perfectly suited for.
There is another poster here that is mispositioned against Jet because
of a faulty set screw or something like that, and he has pretty much
shunned the brand because of ignorance. I would dare say that the brand
is better than what he has produced.

Anyway, keep an eye out for those in this group that "do" rather than
give opinions. Those people have a long list of woodworking
accomplishments and got there with a good solid knowledge about what
they are talking about.