Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default New poster/woodworker

On 2016-03-21, Swingman wrote:

A good, medium strong joint for the plywood drawer box is a locking
rabbet joint [...] and is MUCH stronger than a biscuit joint for the
repeated forces a drawer must eventually withstand.

I thought the biscuit joint would be stronger. I'll hafta look up a
"locking rabbet joint".

The locking rabbet joint can be made on either a router table using a
"locking rabbet" bit set, or on the table saw.

Keep in mind that many full service hardwood lumber yards carry
pre-finished, plywood drawer side material, in varying widths (but
usually 6' lengths), with a groove pre-cut for 1/4" plywood bottoms,
which can also be found pre-finished with the same polyurethane finish
as the sides.

I'm in the boonies, the high Colorado Rockies, so no HDs or Lowe's
around here. Heck, the lumber yards aren't even open on Sun!

nb