Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Gibson Les Paul classic of 2013

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook"

Confirmed by the owner. I find it amazing that Gibson do not supply user
manuals with any new guitar. So how is an owner supposed to know that
you have to unplug the guitar lead, to switch off the battery, let alone
anything else?

** Err - ever see this?

http://archive.gibson.com/RobotGuita...tar-manual.pdf

All active guitars have this function.

** So what?

There are many who have never seen one before.

Likewise, all battery powered guitar effects pedals also have this function
via the switched input jack socket.

** They all come with manuals.

Most owners of such products who don't know about these functions soon find
out when the battery goes dead and they ask their mates why.

** Then there are the others who blame bad batteries or annoy technicians with nonsense stories about the pedal being faulty.

More than once I have had to ask if the owner left leads plugged in overnight.

I really like the ones who insist their battery operated pedal hums.

..... Phil