Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Is it possible to connect a HDTV to the VGA connector on a computer?

wrote:
I have lots of music and other videos that I've downloaded from
youtube. Instead of watching them on my monitor, I'd like to be able
to use my larger HDTV as a monitor. The computer(s) only have VGA (or
is is called SVGA), connectors. One computer has Win98se, the other
has XP-Pro SP3. (If the OS matters). [Both OSs play the videos fine].

Has anyone done this?

Another thing, if this is possible, do they sell cable couplers? I
will have to couple two 6' cables together to reach the TV. (Or see
if I can buy a longer one).

As far as the sound, I can just use my computer speakers, rather than
the tv speakers....

I have a VGA/HDMI adapter on a comp and use the TV as a monitor . Unless you
have a dual-output video card you will have ONLY the TV as a monitor .
Depending on your TV the computer screen can be hard to read . I also run
XP-Proo/SP3 on that comp and it works just fine except for some streaming
applications .

--
Snag