Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default (OT) Is it possible to connect a HDTV to the VGA connector ona computer?

On 3/17/2016 3:39 PM, wrote:
I have lots of music and other videos that I've downloaded from youtube.
Instead of watching them on my monitor, I'd like to be able to use my
larger HDTV as a monitor. The computer(s) only have VGA (or is is called
SVGA), connectors. One computer has Win98se, the other has XP-Pro SP3.
(If the OS matters). [Both OSs play the videos fine].

That's half the question.
What input options do you have on the TV?

Has anyone done this?

Another thing, if this is possible, do they sell cable couplers? I will
have to couple two 6' cables together to reach the TV. (Or see if I can
buy a longer one).

As far as the sound, I can just use my computer speakers, rather than
the tv speakers....