Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Gibson Les Paul classic of 2013

I cannot find a user manual even referred to on this, or elsewhere
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elect...fications.aspx
2013 on the pcb overlay, model 2014?
Those "2014" specs refer to this small toggle switch as 15dB boost,
which implies the other position is a normal sort of output.
As far as I can see with this guitar , that switch is amp on in both
positions, properly on one way and full-mute audio quiet-switching in
the other position, whether the 2 pot switches are on or off. Full
on/off of the J202 is via sleeve/ring ground inter-connection of the
guitar lead jack. I'll have to get from the owner what that switch does
or did.
I hope musos find the battery cover clip as impossible as I did.
Insert fingernail under ledge but move in the opposite direction to the
ideogram arrow on the moulding of the plastic.
I wonder how long before problems with the flimsey 1.25mm spacing pickup
lead connectors to the pcb.