Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default "MDVIP" For Medical Ca Anybody Heard of It?

On 3/15/2016 9:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 3/15/2016 5:52 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank:
our old MD was not making the big bucks
and will not make as much under MDVIP as others calculate.

Our #1 daughter used to work part-time for a tax expert in Philadelphia.

She came away saying that there are a *lot* of really-high earnings
people (mainframe computer salesmen of the time, for example), but that
GP MDs were not among them.

Somewhere in my trove of goodies, I have "insider" survey data regarding
what a medical practices cost to operate, revenues they generate, etc.
It was alarming to see how hard my MD works and for how (relatively)
little!

OTOH, he "feeds a lot of other mouths"...

Not only that, MD's may start out in debt with hundreds of thousands of
dollars in student loans. After schooling, they will go into a few
years of residency where pay is minimal.

My 62 year old doctor, twice married, has a daughter just starting
college. Gals in his office said he needed the money and had to go MDVIP.

Happened with my lawyer sons and they are still paying off student loans
twenty years after leaving law school.

Doctors making the big bucks around here are usually the orthopedic
surgeons and not the family practice doctors.