Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1984 Mercedes 500 SEL 88,000 miles

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:40:34 -0500, Ignoramus4339
wrote:

This is awesome.

But I have a question, how come that C60 has not yet rusted out?

Much of America doesnt get snow/salt laid down winter after winter and
has minumal rainfall.

The Model T and 20s-30s vintage vehicles are quite common around my
part of California. Buddy of mine drives a 58 Belair (spelling?)
station wagon to work every day. The window glass has turned
green..but its original and virtually untouched. He has done the
engine 3 times in the 40 yrs he has owned it..they arent lke todays
engines..they do fail semiregularly. I think he is up to 20 over on
the cylinders..so he will probably be in a nursing home before it
needs another bore.

Out here..they get crashed and totalled long before they are "worn
out"...and they never rust out unless they are parked less than 10
miles from the ocean for long periods of time.

Gunner

I tried to remove the door hinge pins on a '54 Lincoln that had been sitting
near the beach for 10 years ... tried .

--
Snag