Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 1984 Mercedes 500 SEL 88,000 miles

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 20:03:51 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 04:53:12 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

What happens to 2.3l engines?

--jsw

Going down a long gentle grade the back bumper catches up with the fan
because it can't get out of it's own way - - -

ROFLMAO!!!

Pytor drives a 2.3l as I recall..and it was reliable, just didnt have
a lot of power as I recall...but it got him from Oregon to my place in
California a couple years ago well enough. Hey Pete..what is your
take on the Ranger with the 2.3?

Gunner

The 2.3 was a pretty durable little engine - that is true.

As long as you didn't get one of the years that they tried to save 50
cents by drilling one-too-few main bearing oil holes. They fixed that
quickly, but then screwed up again by using a silicone-based oil-pan
or oil-pump gasket, which clogged up the works and resulted in low oil
pressure.

That's the Lima engine. The 2.3l Duratec (one of which I have, in my
ZX3 Focus) is a different engine entirely.

--
Ed Huntress