Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default PVC board, 1 1/2 inch thick?

"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

At Segway I ordered some PVC angle stock from MMC and what I
received
was too distorted to use.
--jsw

I've had a very few problems over the years, maybe 5-10 out of at
least 2000 orders over 13 years doing purchasing at that company,
and they were always resolved with just a phone call. Depending on
the problem and the value of the item they would either say just
keep it, or issue a call tag for UPS to return the item, and would
issue a credit or ship a replacement immediately, not after they
received the return. They aren't perfect, but they are close and
they try hard :-). Did you contact them for a replacement or
refund?

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Since there were no dimensional tolerance specs on it I couldn't say
they didn't meet them, and I had already found a better insulator, and
didn't want to offend the shop foreman who had ordered it for me, so I
just cut some off as though I'd used it and tossed the rest onto the
stock rack. It wasn't as rigid as I had expected based on (mis)using
PVC water pipe and conduit structurally.

Engineering personnel can easily make themselves unwelcome in the
machine shop for many reasons, especially leaving a mess or breaking
things without telling anyone. I had to be very careful in Segway's
shop and patiently tolerant of engineers who messed up mine at Mitre.
--jsw