Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New poster/woodworker

In article ,
says...

On 2016-03-13, John McCoy wrote:

If I might make a suggestion, build your own router table.
You can find plans on-line, and most router tables are done
in the same style as a kitchen cabinet, so you'll be exercising
the same skills you'll want for the kitchen re-hab.

I gotta clear out one of my late mother's sheds. One of them would be
perfect as a workshop. I've been looking at plans fer everything
--benches, tables, jigs, etc-- but have not run across DIY plans fer a
router table.

I think I'll need one with a "lift". Is a lift for the purpose of
allowing a rounter to do plunge-cuts from sed same router table?

I've so much to learn.

The main thing the lift gives you is precise control of the protrusion
of the bit above the table using a control that you access from above
the table. There are some routers now that have the same sort of
capability built-in or easily addable.