Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Gorbal warming...in...58 yrs....

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 06:48:59 +0700,
wrote:

What is really surprising is how adept you seem to be in ignoring it.

Given that most recording thermometers have been located in ...urban
areas, airports just off the flight lines, on asphalt parking lots
rather than in rural areas ...what do YOU think the temp readings will
show? Humm?
The boffins call those areas.."heat islands". Given that until
recently, most measurements were made smack dab in the middle of those
"heat islands"...just how realistic do you think they are? Hummm?

Lets look at an infrared photo from above the Boston area shall we?
http://www.urbanheatislands.com/_/rs...urban_area.png

So tell me...which part of the photo has the correct overall
temperature? Hummm? Snicker....

http://www.urbanheatislands.com/\

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/11/1...-temperatures/

You may wish to read this article by a very respected meterologist

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=0ahUKEwib55Xz7bXLAhVG0GMKHe2UAOUQFggxMAM &url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.friendsofscience.org%2Fasset s%2Fdocuments%2FFoS_Urban%2520Heat%2520Island.pdf& usg=AFQjCNF1MWDH7FlW8-4F-zibGg1Qk-mghw&sig2=kLkf1w7gAXVA_kGsfoCCMw

Sorry about the long link..I dont know how to shorten it. Its a PDF
file. Get back to me AFTER you read it.

And even worse, both charts show a very distinct temperature change
from year to year.

Of course there is a temperature change from year to year. No two
years are ever the same. And? Its the long term average that is
used..not one year to the next. Im a dummy...but even I know that.

Do you really think that air temperature at 40,000 ft. is a realistic
indication of global, or any other sort of, warming? Especially when
it varies every year?

Yep. Or are you claiming that the temperature measured in downtown
Boston should be the calibration point? Really?

They say that "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy,
wealthy and wise", but apparently actually reading one's references
before opening one's mouth helps a lot in the "Wise" department.

So does knowing something about the subject. Apparently you seem to
jump on and wave around data points you have no comprehension about.
If Im the self admitted dummy...son..you are as stupid as a stone
statue.

Gunner

---

Cheers,

Schweik

What is really surprising is how adept you seem to be in ignoring it.

Snerk!!