Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Gorbal warming...in...58 yrs....

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:54:50 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:37:47 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:51:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:25:29 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news:s2e3eb5hqnpn75mk4te81htl0bp7u3n0t1@4ax .com...
It looks to me like we have more than ever before. I'm not
complaining
about it.

--
Ed Huntress

--jsw

You AGW believers collectively. This is what the experts know
you
should be doing to reduce your personal carbon footprint:
http://cotap.org/reduce-carbon-footprint/
They forgot about hanging laundry outdoors, the heater in an
electric
dryer is a huge unnecessary waste.

Since you have a lathe you can convert round trash barrels ($12
at
HD)
into inexpensive rain barrels ($100 at HD) and avoid watering
your
lawn with treated drinking water by threading the barbed end of
hose
coupler and mounting it in the lower side wall, with an O ring
on
the
outside and the appropriate stainless nut and washer on the
inside.
Landscaping fabric over hardware cloth across the top will keep
out
gutter debris and mosquitos.

During the winter I store chainsaw chips and chopped-up tree
branches
from the yard in the barrels, to use as kindling.

Pressing on and clamping a short piece of hose onto the barbs
inside
might be enough to make the watertight seal, but the inside
bottom
of
the barrel is a difficult place to apply much force.

My carbon footprint went down in 1971, when I grokked Earth Day
for
the first time.

I replaced my front lawn with chips and plantings of shrubs and
flowers with a single drip irrigation system for the entire 1/3
acre
of my land.

All but one of my light bulbs (75w pump house warmth) is either
CFL
or
LED. My electric bill is $40/mo, and I have a new timer for the
electric water heater. Once I get the new solar panels
installed,
I'll also have a 24v 900w element going into that water heater,
replacing one of the two 240vac energy suckers. The timer will
come
on for one hour, if necessary, each day before I get up. I'm
not
going to feed the grid because that means I'd have to get a net
meter.

My sister has a rain barrel diverter for me to pick up. So far,
it's
legal to catch my rain in Oregon, unlike Colorado. That just
floors
me, that you're fined for NOT allowing runoff in CO!

I fill 1/3 of a 13gal tall kitchen trash bag each week and
recycle
the
rest. All paper, cardboard, plastic, cans, and bottles are
recycled.

Old Weird Ed probably has a carbon footprint the size of
Algore's,
but
I doubt he has the stock options in all the carbon control
companies
Algore has.

This weather station distribution map is telling, too. I
believe
Hansen, et al, had something to do with their removal, too.
http://climateaudit.org/2008/02/10/h...-distribution/
Amazingly (wink, wink) with fewer stations reporting and only
the
hotter stations being included in the dataset, Earth is warming!

ohmigodwereallgonnadie...

I paved my front yard with recycled garbage-can lids and we run
bath
water into our kitchen sink. I ride a bicyle 30 miles every day,
and
my wife makes our clothes from dryer lint, to make up for the
clothes
dryer.

Dinner tonight is fried squirrel from the back yard, and
composted
tomato plants from last summer. After dark, I'm going out to gig
some
spring peepers for tomorrow night's dinner. We eat one meal a
day.

--
Ed Huntress

When stuffed Garfields were the craze I lashed together a small
Native-American-style hide stretching frame holding a Garfield
skin
and hung it in my vehicle. Soon after that I stopped seeing them.

You didn't waste Garfield, did you? I hope you ate him...
--
Ed Huntress

I ground up the polyester stuffing into artificial coffee creamer.

Ha-ha! Maybe that's where we're headed.

--
Ed Huntress

All we need is to engineer microbes that convert old plastics into
digestible sugars, fats, proteins etc, like the microbes in a
termite's gut that break down cellulose fibers.
http://phys.org/news/2013-08-termite...urce-fuel.html