Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I use this jig borer as a milling machine?

On 3/10/2016 10:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Speaking of which, some steel news today:

"At the National People’s Congress, Hebei Province governor Zhang
Qingwei announced he plans to cut just under 200 million of steel
production capacity by 2020, or about 60% of current production
capacity. ...

I read recently (Bloomberg BW, I think) that China produces more steel
than the next 4 steel producing countries combined! Of course, in the
50's the US produced more steel than the rest of the world combined (it
was said). Who would have thought then what the situation would be
today? China then was an insignificant 3rd world country.

Bob