Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Different defence mechanisms for different cold viruses?

Adrian Caspersz wrote:
I've just acquired a seasonal cold that seems to be unusually swelling
my vessels in nostrils causing daily nose bleeds, seems paracetamol is
helping.

Never noticed this before. Funny strain of cold.

Walk-in clinic (that's miles to drive), local GP (a week to see) or
"it will go away?"

ATM I'm thinking/hoping the last ...

I take 1000mg of Vit C every day at the onset of a cold, it clears up within
a day or two, i don't take anything to relieve the symptoms which is all the
'cold remedies' are.
The Vit C will give you the squits, though not in the running to the bog
vareity, just a bit loose, but who cares if it gets rid of the cold...I get
the effervesscent orange tablets in a tube, and I've had the same tube for
about 4 years. Each tab is about the diameter of a 50p coin and four times
as thick, which is just as well they're effervesscent really