Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default No Gorbal warming...in...58 yrs....

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:45:22 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:59:06 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 06:46:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 23:06:10 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
news:n0h1ebl2nmu7l7d4qm61vf4hugvh1fl6cs@4ax .com...
On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 07:21:10 -0600, Ignoramus1161
wrote:

I have a question.

If global warming is fake, how come those glaciers are
shrinking?
And
so does the Arctic ice?

Questions here, too. If Algore is an environmentalist, why
was
he
spending over $30,000 a year to heat and cool his home? And
if
his
movie was realistic, why did the Brits ban it from showing in
UK
schools? And if polar bears were drowning, why didn't they
just
move
with the ice? P.S: Algore finally admitted that was
entirely
CGI
and that he made up the polar bear story. Then again, I just
saw
another picture of a dead polar bear captioned on yet another
AGWK
story recently. sigh They just don't get it.

Now, your answer:

Check the rest of the Earth. When one area loses ice, ice
builds
in
another area. It happens the same way each year with the
seasons,
but
that's called "weather", which is what people are reacting to.
Earth
is between ice ages and will continue to warm (or remain
stable
like
the past decade+) until the next ice age.

Also see these books:

_State of Fear_ The excellent fictional book by Michael
Crichton
which first led me to question the media and global alarmists.

_The Skeptical Environmentalist_
Bjorn Lomborg (formerly of Greenpeace)

_The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and
Environmentalism_
Chris Horner

_Terrestrial Energy_
William Tucker

_Meltdown: The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by
Scientists,
Politicians, and the Media_
Patrick J. Michaels

_Hard Green: Saving the Environment from Environmentalists_
by Peter Huber

_Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years_
Patrick J. Michaels

_The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy
Threatens
Your
Future_
Senator James Inhofe

_The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science_
Tim Ball

_Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind The Global
Warming
Hoax_
Larry Bell

http://joannenova.com.au/

What's your point here, Jim? Did you follow the sources quoted
in
that
story?

"Everywhere we look, the climate change signal for extreme heat
events
is becoming stronger," said Andrew King, a climate extremes
research
fellow at the University of Melbourne, Australia and lead author
of
the study. "Recent record-breaking hot years globally were so
much
outside natural variability that they were almost impossible
without
global warming." -- "Emergence of heat extremes attributable to
anthropogenic influences": Andrew D. King.

--
Ed Huntress

How have you practiced reducing your personal carbon footprint
before
you are forced to? Do you even have a clothesline?

Why should I care? And what does it have to do with my question?

--
Ed Huntress

Have you swallowed the Left's voodoo that these AGW restrictions you
support will only punish those evil rich folks who supply you with
the
energy you depend on, without affecting you personally?

--jsw

Are you saying that your economic philosophy trumps the science?

This is what prompted my question: You've generally been on the
anti-AGM side of these discussions, but then you post a link to an
article that says, to repeat:

"Recent record-breaking hot years globally were so much outside
natural variability that they were almost impossible without global
warming." This, in an article titled "Emergence of heat extremes
attributable to anthropogenic influences."

So this is the question: Have you changed your position, or did you
do
a Gunner and not read the article you linked to?

--
Ed Huntress

I can't confirm or deny the validity of AGW.

Neither can anyone else in this NG. But it's sometimes entertaining to
watch them try.

I merely call out the
blatant deceptions of its fervent acolytes...

In this case, what you were "calling out" was unclear -- unless it's
all of Larry's claims and citations.

You linked to a claim by a real climatologist that says the evidence
of warming is almost impossible to explain without "anthropogenic
influences."

...while trying to learn to
live with the shortages and restrictions that will surely happen if
you ever get all you demand.

Is there something I'm demanding? If so, I'm unaware of it.

This means needing less rather than
having more.

It looks to me like we have more than ever before. I'm not complaining
about it.

--
Ed Huntress

--jsw