Old March 8th 16, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Gorbal warming...in...58 yrs....

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:17:57 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...-for-58-years/

Fascinating...really fascinating.....

No, irrelevant. You don't ignore the heat capacity of oceans, soil, and dismiss
the temperature of lower atmosphere that's in contact with the oceans and soil,
if you want a temperature measurement. That upper-atmosphere data is
of such a tiny bit of matter, by comparison, that it can be safely ignored.
The temperature of the vacuum of space is measurable; it can't tell you
anything about global warming, either.

Old March 8th 16, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 13:09:31 -0800 (PST), whit3rd
wrote:

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:17:57 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...-for-58-years/

Fascinating...really fascinating.....

No, irrelevant. You don't ignore the heat capacity of oceans, soil, and dismiss
the temperature of lower atmosphere that's in contact with the oceans and soil,
if you want a temperature measurement. That upper-atmosphere data is
of such a tiny bit of matter, by comparison, that it can be safely ignored.
The temperature of the vacuum of space is measurable; it can't tell you
anything about global warming, either.

Yet the global temperature has remained unchanged for 58 yrs..and the
ice packs are as big as they have always been. Or are you claiming
that they are not measuring the global temps properly? Please
elucidate and tell us how its wrong, and give us examples of where its
wrong. Take all the white space you need.

And tell us why Nasa and Oceania data is bogus. Again..use all the
white space you feel the need to use.

We will be waiting with sunburned bated breath

Gunner

---

Old March 9th 16, 06:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:17:57 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...-for-58-years/

Fascinating...really fascinating.....

No, irrelevant. You don't ignore the heat capacity of oceans, soil, and dismiss
the temperature of lower atmosphere that's in contact with the oceans and soil,
if you want a temperature measurement. That upper-atmosphere data is
of such a tiny bit of matter, by comparison, that it can be safely ignored.
The temperature of the vacuum of space is measurable; it can't tell you
anything about global warming, either.

Yet the global temperature has remained unchanged for 58 yrs..

In the last 58 years I recall, it has been cold every winter and warm every
summer. What planet are you from?
Old March 9th 16, 07:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 5:17:57 PM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...-for-58-years/

Fascinating...really fascinating.....

No, irrelevant. You don't ignore the heat capacity of oceans, soil, and dismiss
the temperature of lower atmosphere that's in contact with the oceans and soil,
if you want a temperature measurement. That upper-atmosphere data is
of such a tiny bit of matter, by comparison, that it can be safely ignored.
The temperature of the vacuum of space is measurable; it can't tell you
anything about global warming, either.

Yet the global temperature has remained unchanged for 58 yrs..

In the last 58 years I recall, it has been cold every winter and warm every
summer. What planet are you from?

Were you dropped on your head recently, or did you have a stroke? Off
your meds? Or simply a Global Warming Zealot who is ****y about the
data I provided?

Gunner

---

Old March 9th 16, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Here's another article for you:
http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...on_record.html

Dissent is a sacred duty of the Left, but a dangerous heresy from the
Right.

Old March 9th 16, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a question.

If global warming is fake, how come those glaciers are shrinking? And
so does the Arctic ice?

Old March 9th 16, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 2016, Ignoramus1161 wrote
(in ):

I have a question.

If global warming is fake, how come those glaciers are shrinking? And
so does the Arctic ice?

Do you recall when the name went from Global Warming to Climate Change? The
reason for the new name is that the predicted rise in temperature is not
happening. Instead, the rate of rise flattened out, and the deviation from
prediction keeps increasing. There are many articles in the scientific press
(here meaning Nature and Science, which I subscribe to) trying to explain the
anomaly, without much success so far.

The now common statement that current year is the warmest ever, while
literally true, is misleading in that it does not address the fact that the
rate of rise is not following the current models. The google search term for
this is “climate hiatus”.

Here is a graph showing the climate hiatus that people are trying to explain.
The East Anglica folk were trying to obscure the toe of this failure to
follow the models, and said if the hiatus continued for fifteen years, it
would be a big problem. This was in 2009, but they were referring to the
start of the divergence in 1995 or so.

..http://judithcurry.com/2015/12/17/cl...ersus-climate-
reality/#more-20667

Also lots of comparisons of various models with observation.

Judith Curry is an apostate in that she objected to the APS becoming an
advocacy organization:

..http://judithcurry.com/2013/03/24/american-physical-society/

Joe Gwinn

Old March 9th 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus1161" wrote in message
I have a question.

If global warming is fake, how come those glaciers are shrinking?
And
so does the Arctic ice?

You are being served cherry-picked data:
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/201...tinues-to-lose

Old March 9th 16, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-03-09, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
[...]

Joe, I am far from a believer in global warming. I have not yet made
up my mind on it. I look for anything that I can find to confirm or
disconfirm it. So far the best evidence for me was melting of
glaciers.

Old March 9th 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 07:21:10 -0600, Ignoramus1161
wrote:

I have a question.

If global warming is fake, how come those glaciers are shrinking? And
so does the Arctic ice?

The earth goes through natural climate cycles every few hundred years.
Europe (and probably the rest of the world but only European records
survive) went through a mini-ice-age in the 1600's. The cycles seem
to last about 1000 years so it seems to me that we're peaking on the
warm side of this same cycle and should start cooling again in a
hundred years or so.

No one that matters denies that the earth is warming. The debate is
over the cause. Those of us who haven't drank the Kool-aid have
simply drawn the conclusion from data presented that the warming is
part of a natural cycle.

The problem is that this research has become politicized and moneyed.
If you go along with anthropogenic global warming (AGM), there are
vast riches and reputations to be made.

OTOH, question the orthodoxy and you risk your career, your reputation
and your funding.

If AGM is so real then why do the True Believers have to fudge and
make up data, tinker with models until they get the results they want
and still the resulting warming is tiny and not statistically
significant from the model of the natural cycle.

There is ample history of this in science. Consider phlogiston from
past years. The orthodoxy was that phlogiston was an undetectable
substance that escaped from burning material and was the source of the
fire and heat. When Priestly discovered oxygen and developed the
oxidation theory of combustion, he was practically an outcast for many
years.

Or we can go back a few years to the hysteria over global cooling.
Remember that one?

I'm like a Misourian and demand that they "Show me" with hard data.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com