Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Shrink fit tool holders

In article ,
Neon John wrote:

What? Did I **** off the group by asking an on-topic question

Few of the people left actually do metalworking - the place has become a
hallowed hall for the spewing of mostly right-wingnut political rants
and lots of folks more interested in metalworking have packed up and
left. On an average day 90+% of the posts die in my kill filter.

I do metalworking, a bit, but don't feel particularly qualified to
answer your question, since the only shrink fits I have dealt with were
bearings, and those few and far between. The only CNC tool I have uses
collets, but it's a Porter-Cable 690 router with split collets, used on
wood, not a metalworking tool at all (what might be the last vaguely
operational cable-drive shop-bot on the planet - 19 years young. I begin
to think it's time to chuck the ShopBot drive system with it's quaint
DOS/Serial interface and see if one of the "3D-Printer oriented"
arduino-based programs might be able to grok cutting rather than
extruding, as getting the upgrades from ShopBot quickly became a
treadmill of great expense I could not keep up with.)