Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

On 09/03/2016 13:59, Andy Burns wrote:
David quoted:

"The average 10-minute shower uses 60 litres of water. A power shower
uses
three times that and a bath about 80 litres

If I put the plug in while having a power shower, the bath is about half
full by the end, not flooding the bathroom as that suggests ...

http://www.waterwise.org.uk/news.php...misconceptions

"According to the study, the average eight-minute shower used 62 litres
of hot water, and some power showers can use up to 136 litres, compared
with an average bath's 80 litres. ...

Our own research shows that a 'waterwise shower' €“ getting the job done
in four minutes under a water-efficient showerhead €“uses just 32 litres."

If I have a bath, I often let some of the water out, so I can run more
hot in. I wonder whether that's been allowed for?

So, let me see, it all depends on:
How big a bath, how full you fill it, and whether you refill it.
How long a shower you take, and how powerful the stream of water is.

Who could possibly have expected that?