Jerry G.

Default Replacing Braun 6550 Shaver Batteries??

The original batteries are Lithium Hydride batteries. DO NOT use Nicads to
replace them! The charger in the shaver is matched to the specs of the
batteries that are from the manufacture. The original batteries are
expensive. This is normal. It is still cheaper to replace them, rather
than replace the complete shaver. If you can find a source for these
Lithium batteries for $4.00 each with the original specs, you should tell
the repair shop. I am sure he will buy them from you at even $8.00 each, if
these are original factory specs!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Andy K" wrote in message
om...
Hey-

My Braun 6550 shaver (best electric ever, BTW) is in need of new
rechargable batteries, and I refuse to send it in to the "repair shop"
for $45 plus shipping. I assume I can get the batteries somewhere for
$4 each (they look like AA size), and if I can get the old batteries
OUT, I'd save myself time, shipping, and money fixing the shaver
myself.

Anyone done this already? The batteries seem stuck in there (maybe
soldered?), and I don't wanna break the circuit board, etc. I have a
ton of 2100ma AA rechargable batteries...can I use them? What do I
do??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Andy