Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Samll problem with garage door remote

As its after dark, is there a nearby floodlight of some kind, either gas
discharge or led. It could be that when this is on, there is local
interference on the band used by the remote. I see this even on things like
remote controlled mains outlets, as the interference comes down the mains,
on supposes. So much equipment these days chucks out crap on the mains or
through the air its a wonder anything works.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Broadback" wrote in message
I have an automatic garage door operated by remote control. I have 3
remotes , two of which are Hormins, the manufacturer, the other an
independent remote. Mostly they work fine, but after dark sometimes they
fail, this is a fairly recent problem, to operate the door, unless my wife
of I get out of the car and move close to the garage doors. Any suggestions
as to what the problem may be and a possible d=cure? The batteries in the
remotes have been replaced to no avail.