Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Greasing up switches and connectors?

"John-Del" wrote in message
Interesting. I was always under the impression that *any* lubricant,
whether a fine liquid to a grease would be pushed aside by a sliding
electrical contact and electrical contact would be made on the molecular
level.

Some technical journal informed me that this planet has a smoother surface
than any ball bearing that can be manufactured - apparently; that includes
the fact that centrifugal force gives the planet a greater diameter at the
equator than at the poles.

If you looked at an electron-micrograph of the contact surfaces - you'd
think you were looking at a mountain range.