Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Samll problem with garage door remote

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I have an automatic garage door operated by remote control. I have 3
remotes , two of which are Hormins, the manufacturer, the other an
independent remote. Mostly they work fine, but after dark sometimes
they fail, this is a fairly recent problem, to operate the door, unless
my wife of I get out of the car and move close to the garage doors. Any
suggestions as to what the problem may be and a possible d=cure? The
batteries in the remotes have been replaced to no avail.

Something that comes on after dark is operating on the same frequency and
blocking your remotes' signals.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England