Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Samll problem with garage door remote

Broadback wrote:
I have an automatic garage door operated by remote control. I have 3
remotes , two of which are Hormins, the manufacturer, the other an
independent remote. Mostly they work fine, but after dark sometimes
they fail, this is a fairly recent problem, to operate the door, unless
my wife of I get out of the car and move close to the garage doors. Any
suggestions as to what the problem may be and a possible d=cure? The
batteries in the remotes have been replaced to no avail.

I assume you haven't changed your car? Some modern windscreens are
less transparent to radio waves.

Do all of the remotes have the same problem? If so it would suggest
that the problem is at the other end - the receiver in the garage door
opener. Check that the aerial (if there is one) hasn't fallen off
etc. and that you haven't stacked something in the garage that could
be affecting the signal.

--
Chris Green
ยท