Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Square D electrical panel question

On 3/6/2016 6:43 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 12:52:58 -0500, Stormin Mormon
Why do you think you need to move anything?

CY: Because at least one outlet shows open ground.

Which is an outlet wiring problem. The tester is checing the
connection between neutral and ground. Y&our ground wire is loose,
disconnected, or broken on the circuit to that outlet. NO chance
moving the ground would solve that problem.

Seeing the ground bar not appear to connect
to a ground wire... makes me wonder if the
ground bar is isolated, and therefore not
effective.

--
..
Christopher A. Young