Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Greasing up switches and connectors?

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 9:11:03 PM UTC-8, DaveC wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Dielectric means "insulator" in this case, which is not exactly what I
would want in an RF connector.

Jeff, I think he means he uses it under the boot, not inside the connector...

Dave

I actually put it directly on the center conductor after the connector is attached and then screw it on the fitting. While the grease is an 'insulator', the metal parts touch and the grease prevents moisture getting to the wire. I did not put any grease on the rubber boot except for any residue that was on the outside of the connector.