Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 15:31:58 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:
The biggest part of the electrical problem is the reluctance of
northern folks to cut back trees around power lines.
Down here in Florida they are very aggressive about eliminating
anything growing in the right of way. You really do not own the land
in front of your house within about 3m of the road (where the power
lines run) and the power company has the power to cut anything that
encroaches into that space. They do. People accept it because of the
number of wind storms we have. The power companies are really working
to get as much as this as they can, underground. Around here, the
phone company is already there and my landline is actually more
reliable than the cell after a hurricane. I have never lost it in 32
years.

Around here I don't think it is because of the people,but the power company
does not want to spend the money to do the cutting. Years ago they used to
cut trees all the time, but quit and the trees grew up and the power has
been a problem.