Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:48:34 -0000, Don Y wrote:

On 2/16/2016 7:47 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/16/2016 12:27 AM, Don Y wrote:
Yes, but I was referring to "Americans" (having different ancestries,
yet essentially "American").

E.g., most of the folks that I grew up with were 2nd generation -- having
first generation AMERICAN parents (GRANDparents who were immigrants)

Now that you mention it, I did work with one man who went out of his way to
proclaim he was northern Italian, nothing like those other Italians. Another
friend maintained he was Prussian rather than Polish although given the history
of that area it's hard to make a distinction.

And all were "native born Americans"? (see my point?)

First time I traveled abroad, customs official (Manchester) queried me
on my last name: "What nationality is that?" I looked at her
dumbfounded: "American".

Obviously you weren't British, arriving at an airport, so I'm not sure why he'd be surprised at you not having a British name.

But I don't see why you were confused that he wanted to know what country you were born in (although if your American passport was in front of him, that would make it a rather pointless question).

--
Connecticut police are investigating a string of shootings where clues are reportedly contained in a rap CD.
They are also questioning Bob Marley about the shooting of a sheriff.