Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Greasing up switches and connectors?

DaveC wrote:

You put it inside the boot but not inside the connector (not inside the
F-conn), right?

Actually when home satellite systems (c/ku band) were common, filling up the
F connector and the boot was a common practice when attaching the cables to
the lnb's.

The general logic was, there was a zero chance of water getting in anywhere
and also removed the chance of oxidation.

I don't remember what they used but I remember that guy Shaun Kenny selling
it on that Boresight show for that specific reason.

-bruce