Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 03/05/2016 02:21 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
However, I'm not sure why you used the % symbols, putting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freydís_Eiríksdóttir would have worked
better than
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyd%...Dksd%C3%B3ttir

That appears to be an effect of Thunderbird. The Firefox URL bar shows
the í and ó with the acute but pasting it into Thunderbird uses the
UTF-8 encoding.

If I paste in 'Freydís Eiríksdóttir' the i and o show with the acute,
but URLs get converted. On your end Opera apparently uses Windows 1252
to show ó and Ã*.

http://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html

TBird also comes set to UK spelling out of the box. 'color' and 'colour'
I'm familiar with but there was some word that I can't recall that was
flagged as misspelled that wasn't so common. Drove me nuts until I found
the setting.