Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Telemarketers sigh

On 3/5/2016 11:12 AM, KenK wrote:
Don Y wrote in news:nbcm9t$2qr$1@dont-
email.me:

Yup. Lots of people go bat-sh*t crazy in "silent" houses -- unable
to avoid that "tinnitis" (sp). Instead, relying on some sort of
masking sound to push the ringing out of their conscious mind.

I've had it since the mid-50s.

Since *your* mid-50's (age)? Or, since the mid 1950's?

Got in in the National Guard from AA gun firing.

It is ... "educational"... to see how many things have changed
over the years wrt safety, prevention, etc. I guess one good thing
the ambulance chasers have done for us -- indirectly!

For many years now I don't hear it unless I listen for it. My mind
just ignores it. Maybe I'm just fortunate.

I think a lot depends on other "engagements" with which your conscious is
involved. I.e., "bored" you fixate on the things that INTRUDE into your
conscious. OTOH, *engaged* you tend to push away distractions.