Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 7:46:12 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/4/2016 9:39 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:56:37 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
Shouldn't the ground be connected to the
separate ground bar?

Should I move the ground wire?

Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly. Does the sub panel can/housing have to grounded? I may have the wrong vision in my head but I think I imagined that the ground bar was in an insulated holder like the neutral bar but now I remember the grounding bar being attached directly to the can/housing. Drain bamage, not enough sleep. Sometimes I can't spell kat. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Confused Monster

The can/housing of ALL panels needs to be grounded, as does every
switch and outlet box, as well as all utility boxes. ONLY in the
"main/service disconnect" may the neutral and ground be directly
connected. The neutral bonding screw or jumper connects the neutral
buss to the case ground.

Anyone wish to answer the OP's OQ?

It was answered within hours of your question, with a qualifying "if".
Since you never directly addressed the "if" it's on you.

I'll make it easy for you:

If this "if" is true, then you already have your answer:

"No if this is the service disconnect enclosure where the ground
electrode conductor lands and the main disconnect resides..."

If that "if" is not true, then you need to tell us more about
the installation. In other words, if the service disconnect is
not in the panel you are asking about, then where is it?