Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default "Precision" Pin Vise

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 9:36:02 AM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:

This machine has an ER11 spindle nose. I would just get ER11 collets for
each drill size, but anything under 1/8" is pretty much impossible

This application is for venting features in a mold...

Carbide 1/8" shank drills will only take me down to a depth max of about
3/8". Less on smaller bits. The plates are 1/2" thick

But you indicated this was for NC machining? So, can you pre-drill 0.250"
deep with a 0.130" diameter bit, then sink the microdrill the rest
of the way? I foresee some chip clearance issues still, but pecking
might work.