Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default "Precision" Pin Vise

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:44:55 -0800 (PST)
whit3rd wrote:

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 10:00:12 AM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:
Are there any pin vises suitable for CNC drilling at high speeds for micro
drills. A high quality high precision pin vise.

I think (in printed circuit board drilling) the usual scheme is to use a collet
(0.125") and a suitable shank size on the microdrill. So, does a collet
chuck work for you? I'm dubious that a 'pin vise' is going to be well
enough balanced to run at the high RPMs a microdrill calls for.

If he is looking for an small adjustable chuck Dremel has one that
might work:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-4486-Mu...dp/B0000302ZV/

Obviously made for high RPM but who knows on runout... Only ~$9
though.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b