Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Door sizes

On 3/1/2016 9:09 AM, dpb wrote:
On 03/01/2016 9:52 AM, Don Y wrote:

I'd originally considered just replacing with a prehung -- to eliminate
all the "fitting". But, the RO isn't wide enough to "simply" do so.

The next alternative was to leave the frame in place and swap the slab
out. This would require drilling the door to fit MY frame (so, I
don't save much on labor -- except I no longer have to remove the frame!)

But, the 35.5" confounds on that score -- unless I start inspecting
individual prehung offerings hoping to find a 35.5" door that I can
REMOVE from its frame and coerce into *my* frame! Then, I've got a
35.5" door drilled for *it's* prehung frame that I have to HOPE I can
fit to my EXISTING frame.

(too many things have to fall into place for this to be a joyous outcome)

Ah, we're finally getting down to cases...have you actually determined the RO
dimensions and if so, what are they?

Hey, I'm out of here. As I said upthread, I have no desire to play
data collection grunt for armchair, remote "pondering" as to how
I should proceed.

Thanks for your time but the question asked has been answered.
I can now look at ALL of my options and sort out how best for
me to proceed without "try this" sort of advice.

[No, I don't care to explain all the OTHER options that I have so someone
else can comment on how appropriate they may or may not be.]

Sorry, I don't mean to be "short" and I appreciate the comments -- from
all. But, these things tend to drag on BEYOND what is necessary (at
least what's necessary for *me* to sort out how to proceed).