Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Door sizes

On 03/01/2016 9:52 AM, Don Y wrote:

I'd originally considered just replacing with a prehung -- to eliminate
all the "fitting". But, the RO isn't wide enough to "simply" do so.

The next alternative was to leave the frame in place and swap the slab
out. This would require drilling the door to fit MY frame (so, I
don't save much on labor -- except I no longer have to remove the frame!)

But, the 35.5" confounds on that score -- unless I start inspecting
individual prehung offerings hoping to find a 35.5" door that I can
REMOVE from its frame and coerce into *my* frame! Then, I've got a
35.5" door drilled for *it's* prehung frame that I have to HOPE I can
fit to my EXISTING frame.

(too many things have to fall into place for this to be a joyous outcome)

Ah, we're finally getting down to cases...have you actually determined
the RO dimensions and if so, what are they?