Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Door sizes

On 02/29/2016 5:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/29/2016 6:42 PM, dpb wrote:

If you're trying to order a door slab to fit an existing opening, see
above as well, there's a whole lot more besides just the exterior
dimensions to worry about, especially if you're talking steel, not wood,
where field modification is much more of a trick...particularly things
like number, size, placement and setback of hinges, hole locations, etc,
etc., etc., ...

My guess is if he can figure out the original manufacturer he can just
order the direct replacement. I'd start by looking at Stanley since they
are the biggest.

I'm thinking he's trying to replace wood w/ steel just reading sorta'
between the multiple responses and inferring...and was hoping to just
hang a slab in place.