Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enco 110-1340

On 2016-02-24, Bucephalus wrote:

Nothing was changed before the Start circuit started acting up. I hadn't
even taken the lid off the circuits box since this was wired 20 years
ago. Something failed on its own. And, yeah, the Start switch is
numbered 3 and 4. I presumed it was some sort of breaker causing the
problem, but the schematic doesn't even show them.

In that case -- what was the hole for? Empty suggests that what
may have happened is that the original start switch failed, and things
were re-wired so the panic switch serves as the start switch (in which
case the two loose wires should be connected together as a permanently
pressed "start" switch, and the panic switch is serving as both start
and stop. It *does* lock in the pressed state, does it not?

So was it bumped or moved recently? Perhaps the two loose wires
were touching each other and are not longer doing so.

It would help if there were a schematic showing the switches and
relays, so we could determine how it *should* be wired, in contrast to
how it is currently wired.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--