Lenny

Default Sony Playstation 2 disc read problem

Customer brought this unit in and it wouldn't read anything after they
put in a certain game. I got the unit, found it to be somewhat dirty
inside and cleaned the laser and slapped it back together and noted
same problem. I then tried different games etc, still the same. With a
different known good DVD it started to read but then failed. It seemed
to be searching for a track but just timed out and said no data. I
then restarted it and tapped the right side and the drive motor seemed
to change tone and it started to read again. This failed again. I then
tried this suspecting game in my own test unit and although it seems
to have some of its own problems locking up at times I can't imagine
this caused the unit to fail. So now I am stuck. Not sure where to
turn from here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike Stein,
Barlen Electronics.

Note: All replys through this forum would be fine however if you would
prefer to email me directly please use:
.