Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

Finally a reason I'd want a Festool vac, never having to clean the
filters.

Would you spend an extra $5? That's about what generic filter bags for
the WD1450 run. It keeps that filter nice and clean, and you only have
to mess with them once in a while. They're not totally clean, as
removing the bag leaves about 1/2 cup of dust scattered about but you
don't have to clean the big filter.

I might consider that. Do you have a link to the bags you use?

I use the Ridgid brand filter bags from my local Home Depot. They end up
costing about $9 a piece, but each bag lasts a long time:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Hi...for-RIDGID-12-
Gal-16-Gal-Vacuum-VF3502/100390230

Since I started using the filter bags I haven't changed the pleated filter
in years. The filter bags work great for fine dust like that from a sander,
drywall dust, and even COLD ash from the wood stove.

If you change the bag before it gets completely full, you can usually get
the bag out without spilling the dust all over. If you wait too long it
gets too big to remove from the tank without tearing. Don't ask me how I
know.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com