Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

Puckdropper wrote:
Jack wrote in :

On 2/23/2016 2:11 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

Would you spend an extra $5? That's about what generic filter bags
for the WD1450 run. It keeps that filter nice and clean, and you
only have to mess with them once in a while. They're not totally
clean, as removing the bag leaves about 1/2 cup of dust scattered
about but you don't have to clean the big filter.

I might consider that. Do you have a link to the bags you use? They
seem to be all over the place price wise. My old shop vac had only a
paper bag filter, and a sponge filter for water pickup. Is that how
these things work?

These went up in price since I ordered... um I guess it was 3 years
ago. Still, at $6.50 a bag it's still not bad.

http://www.vacuumbags.com/rihiefwdmian.html

I'd say that depends on what you are using them for. I pretty much stopped
using my canister vac because the corrugated paper filter clogs up almoat
immediately if you are sucking fine dust. The ones like you linked work
well but my drum sander fills them in a very short time, at least one, maybe
two per hour. Shame they can't be (easily) emptied and reused. Since they
can't, I'll stick with my dust collector.