Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ridgid, Grizzly, or other 6" Jointer?

In article , says...

Jack wrote:
On 2/23/2016 12:56 AM, Leon wrote:

I have never used a Lamello but have heard nothing but high praises
especially when compared to the common brands. I do use the domino
for panel glue ups. Seldom are all the pieces perfectly flat and
the ridged floating tenons that fit more tightly than biscuits work
better with alignment of surfaces than biscuits IMHO. The floating
tenons work so well, and not just for strength, I never dreamed what
all I would use them for. Once clones of the Domino appear, and
they certainly will, I suspect the plate joiners will disappear.

I wondered if anyone made Domino clone.

Lots of people are making their own, numerous videos on Youtube.

Not really. Lots of people making jigs of one kind or another.
Something that does what the Domino does as conveniently and
efficiently, not so much.

Some guy with engineering talent and a well equipped machine shop might
have made an actual clone for his own use, but that's not something that
the average hobbyist is going to pull off.