Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Sealing basin combined waste/overflow?

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:20:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I know what it looks like,

But don't understand how it works and where the rubber is compressed by
what.

I know how it *could* work, if it was going to,

No you don't, you don't have clue what gets compressed where.

So you say. You are wrong.

I was just asking you to explain how you thought it did.

And I told you repeatedly that it works by compressing
the threaded part of the rubber into the metal thread.

Yes, that's like saying a car moves using an engine.

So far your explanations haven't said anything specific.

That is a lie.

That's a fact, or I wouldn't still be asking you the question.

I said that it works by compressing the
threaded part of the rubber into the metal thread.

Yes, but you haven't explained where those compressive forces come
from. I'll help you out here, it could be from two sources.

I'm asking you to answer the question.

And I did.

By asking another question.

There is no question that I asked.