Paul Mc Cann

Default Angle drills

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:15:16 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:
snip
Ryobi position themselves with a range of predominantly DIY tools but
do not have a strong brand position. Sorry, but a web site in Japan
doesn't cut it.

snip

I discovered some years back, to my cost, the difference between Ryobi
U.S.A. and Ryobi Japan. I had a perfectly good split boom strimmer
with various attachments which in a moment of madness I sold to a
brother-in-law and decided to treat myself to a new one.

The original was Japanese and the replacement U.S.A. The difference
was immediately obvious as soon as I took the new one out of the box.

Some time later whilst in a different suppliers the difference was
explained to me.

IME RYOBI U.S.A. products were IMHO junk whereas RYOBI Japan were
acceptable

My general experience with American manufactured garden products is
that they produce a lot of items manufactued down to a priice instead
of up to a standard.

Paul Mc Cann