Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enco 110-1340

"Bucephalus" wrote in message

Marengo - Thanks for helping me out. I understand the diagram and
principle, but I'm having difficulty sorting out the box itself. I'm
unclear about how to identify the breaker I understand is likely the
problem. I have the schematic for the unit, but it doesn't seem to
correspond to what I see in the box.

Bucephalus

Then you need to trace out and draw what you have. Is there a
contactor that reverses the motor?

When I reverse enginer a circuit I draw pictorial representations of
the components that show the terminals and how they connect inside, in
the same relative positions as in the device but spaced further apart.
Then I draw each wire connection as I trace it, using freehand curved
lines which are more distinct than straight ones where they cross.

Once I've traced and labelled all the connections I usually understand
it well enough to redraw a neater schematic that shows the logical
flow from source to load, left to right or top to bottom. The standard
practice is a bit different from electronic schematics.
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/text...dder-diagrams/

You can add labels to mark your progress by dabbing on white nail
polish and writing with a fine permanent marker after it dries. As the
Line and Neutral pass through contacts you can track them with a
prefix number, as L1, 1L1, 2L1 ...

A good first step is to -completely- disconnect power and then tighten
all the terminal screws. Also check for loose crimps when you trace
the wiring.

--Marengo